Friday, July 18, 2008

Mixbook makes an A+


I discovered mixbook.com, an online book creation tool, few months ago. I was instantly hooked, but wanted to see what the teachers thought. I pulled in a select few teachers that I knew were interested in technology as this would be the first introduction of a web 2.0 resource. Not only were they hooked, but they made plans to use it in their classes and produced some interesting projects.

Mixbook is very easy to use and the best thing about it is all the different layouts it includes. Teachers tend to like those colorful additions and Mixbook has a ton of them.

If you are just getting started, you can search the listing of books that are already published and use them as a tool to get started. One that I often use to get teachers excited is one on World War I created by a high school class. This is just one example of how a class could use mixbook to cover a topic. If you look at the book, you'll notice that each student was assigned a page to do on their own.

One of our students created a piece on "All Quiet on the Western Front" as part of a project in her English class. This one has already received good feedback from other mixbook users! This brings me to the next great feature of Mixbook. I had this book printed for use in my training sessions. You can print your finished copy for as little as 12.99. That's a pretty good deal and the quality is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment