Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Innovation Day

November 18th, 2008 was Innovation Day in the state of NC. Schools were invited to participate in the event by opening their doors to the community in order to see what is changing in the schools in the 21st century. Two schools were selected in my county, one being my own and I felt that it was a success. We applied late, so we really only had a week or so to prepare. Schools are supposed to invite people to attend and because of our late notice, we didn't get many invitations out. We did have a few local school leaders in attendance, though. They were given tours of certain classrooms to see what we are doing that is Innovative at our schools. They were shown the classrooms that have 21st century equipment, classrooms that are using nings and wikis and classrooms that are using interactive games. All said they enjoyed the experience and they were glad to see some of the things going on in the schools. I look forward to doing this again next year now that I know all about it. I think it will grow in its success as each year passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment