Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Web 2.0? What?

While reading up on all my twitter posts, I discovered this great little sound byte about Web 2.0 and Web 3.0. I love the explanation and just wanted to take this opportunity to share with everyone. Follow this link to hear the audio: http://www.ijohnpederson.com/images//2008/06/jim-kloss-on-web-2.mp3
I truly believe that schools need to focus their attention on these tools and make Web 3.0 our NOW and our future. It will take buy in from teachers, parents, administrators and county/state decision makers to really make it part of the curriculum. Students today understand it. They get it. They want to make it part of every aspect of their lives.
I recently surveyed the students at my school and they had an overwhelming plea to have more access to collaborative tools and to use them in the classroom. Teachers are always looking for ways to make learning interesting. Turns out, it's right under our noses! And so easy to use!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you directed me to this sound byte. I am going to use it next week with my teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - that was scary! I had to download the audio just to hear what silly pronouncement I made. It wasn't half as bad as many that have come rolling half-baked out of my mouth.

    Our site, Whole Wheat Radio, was doing social networking early on (7 years ago) but has "evolved" into more of a working community. Hasn't been easy and there's been resistance from some who wanted a more typical social network experience.

    But for those who stuck around, the wiki work makes our social interactions more meaningful. We have shared goals and successes. Wiki lets everyone see what everyone else is up to, so it's easy to keep a finger on the pulse of the community.

    Thanks for passing the word on that there's more to look forward to after Facebook starts to feel boring... :-)

    ReplyDelete